Friday, September 18, 2009

My 100 things

I saw someone else do this, and I really enjoyed it. So I decided to do my own. 

    This is something I plan on doing every once in a while, just for fun.


    So get ready for the random-train-of-thought, free writing experience of one Katy Nye.


    Scroll and enjoy!



    *******************************************************************







    1. I was born in Indianapolis
    2. But I grew up in Oskaloosa, Iowa
    3. Population: 12
    4. I don’t really like small towns
    5. Really, if I could afford it I’d go live in NYC
    6. Maybe we’ll retire there
    7. Then I could see a play every single week
    8. Yes, I’m obsessed with broadway
    9. It’s one of my passions
    10. That started in high school
    11. Drama was my life
    12. I miss that
    13. I was also in chamber choir
    14. And jazz choir
    15. And madrigal choir
    16. And I accompanied concert choir
    17. I love choir
    18. Almost as much as I love theatre
    19. Of course, my first love was my piano
    20. I miss that too
    21. There’s a grand piano waiting at my parents’ house whenever I’ve got the room
    22. It might be a while
    23. We’re in an apartment in Glendale, Arizona right now
    24. We love it here
    25. But there’s a chance that in 2 years we may need to move to Ohio
    26. For Travis’s rotations
    27. But we won’t know for 2 years
    28. We’re not sure how we feel about that
    29. But that’s a ways off
    30. Right now I’m still settling into the apartment
    31. Unpacking is a lot of work
    32. But I love the design/decorating aspect of it
    33. Interior design is another passion of mine
    34. I love it
    35. I wish I had another house I could work on once I’m done with this one
    36. That’s why HGTV is probably my favorite channel
    37. Except I don’t have cable
    38. Which also means I miss What Not to Wear
    39. Which makes me really sad
    40. I love Stacy and Clinton
    41. And good style
    42. I have a serious handbag obsession
    43. And shoe obsession
    44. And scarf obsession
    45. And jewelry obsession
    46. You get the picture
    47. It makes it tough when you have no money
    48. Although I sometimes think that’s a good thing
    49. I think my ideal job would be as an interior designer for a chic little theatre in New York
    50. Maybe I could do some of their PR too
    51. I love writing
    52. And the English language
    53. And proper grammar
    54. And I will correct you
    55. Even though I’ll try to resist
    56. I can’t help it
    57. But that’s what makes me good at my job
    58. I do layout too
    59. I’ve obviously got a love for the creative arts
    60. But weirdly, I’m also stellar at Math
    61. It was my favorite subject in school
    62. You know, besides my creative classes
    63. I hated science
    64. And history
    65. I just had no interest in them
    66. I am interested in finance though
    67. I loved accounting
    68. And I love crunching numbers
    69. And working out a budget
    70. And saving money
    71. Which fortunately goes well with the whole “poor student” thing
    72. That’s why we don’t have cable
    73. But we do have movies
    74. Lots and lots of movies
    75. We love them
    76. Then there’s the TV shows on DVD too
    77. Like Friends
    78. I can quote you just about every line from every episode of Friends
    79. And I’m not ashamed of it
    80. I’m starting to get there with Scrubs too
    81. I love that show
    82. But sometimes it scares me
    83. Because it reminds me of what our life is going to be like
    84. Minus the weird fantasies and serious bromance
    85. So sometimes I have to turn it off 
    86. Then I just play with my puppy
    87. She’s adorable
    88. And I truly believe that watching her when she’s hyper is one of the most entertaining things you can do with your time
    89. If you spend 5 minutes with her, you’ll think so too
    90. She keeps me company while Travis is at school
    91. I have no doubt she’s going to get me through the next decade
    92. Seriously
    93. Everyone needs a little something to help keep them sane
    94. Even if it actually makes them seem insane to others
    95. Like how I randomly burst out in made-up songs
    96. It calms me down
    97. So does writing
    98. It helps to get my thoughts out
    99. Even if it's just silly little random things
    100. Like this