Wednesday, September 09, 2009

I miss theatre...

*sigh*

As I've been unpacking my belongings and setting up my Broadway room (yes, I have one. Be jealous.), I started feeling again just how much I miss theatre. It was such a huge part of my life...wait, let's not lie...it was my life, through the end of high school and into my first couple years of college. And then things started happening like crazy (getting married, moving across the country...you know, all those silly little things), and theatre got put in the backseat. Which is understandable, considering what was going on.

But I miss it. I miss it so much. I miss the thrill and the work and the art of being on stage, of rehearsing, of working lights and walking around on the catwalk. And I miss being in the audience of a live play, or even better, a musical that takes my breath away and literally pumps energy and heart and life into my veins. I miss it and I want it back.




...along the same train of thought but on a slightly happier note, I just found out that I get to buy my RENT tickets in 12 days (if I were a stupid member of the Civic Center I could buy them in five days, but NO. All I gotta say is there better freakin' be tickets left or heads are gonna roll)!! I cannot believe that I'm going to be seeing Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal reprise their roles. This is amazing. And yes, I'll be driving 1500 miles to see it, but I was going there anyway. I'm just going to be driving extra fast to make it in time. =]

This is the sort of thing I used to live for. I love it. And quite frankly, I need it.

So I've got to find a way to get it back.

And that's how it is.