Monday, September 14, 2009

Good news weekend

Ah! It's been a weekend of good news here in Glendale. I don't have a lot of time, but I'll give a quick recap:

First, one of Travis's friends from school turned us onto a website that does live video streaming from tons of channels (justin.tv), so now we'll be able to watch all future BYU (and Jazz) games! Very exciting for the two of us.

Even more exciting, when we did get to watch the BYU game on Saturday, we played fabulously. For those who don't know, BYU stomped Tulane 54-3. Yes! We're excited to watch them play Florida State next week.

Then, completely out of the blue, we get to sell our scooter in a matter of about 4 hours. That was a totally amazing blessing. Check out my other blog if you want to hear about that story.

And finally, I got tickets for four broadway shows coming into town throughout the next season (and no, that doesn't even include RENT, because I'll be seeing that in Iowa and tickets aren't on sale for another week yet *sigh*). It does include, however, Phantom (so excited to being seeing this for the fourth time), Mary Poppins (fun!), Jesus Christ Superstar (I've seen this one, but Travis hasn't), and In the Heights (won itself some Tony's last year). So I'm making some progress on getting back my theatre. Hooray!

Here's hoping the good news trend continues into this next week! Everyone can use a few wins now and then.

And that's how it is.